Saturday 17 April 2010

My Top 20 Movies Continued Again Again

1. Avatar (2009)
Okay when I left the cinema after this one, I said: "that was the best movie I have ever seen". So I'm sticking with it. With such amazing visual effects Cameron achieved a recorded breaking production. The underlying meaning of this film is incredible, from historic predigests toward the native Americans, to racism and war of the present and even the progression of these humanistic flaws into the future. Unbelievable Tekkerssss!
Sean's Movie Rating 10/10 *

2. Star Trek (2009)
J.J.Abrams who knew you had this one in you. Where did you find the time to make such a great movie during he production of 'Lost'. I'm not even a big Trek fan but I had sufficient enough knowledge to see that this was awesome. Unbelievable casting skills in this one lads. Bravo! This film is totally a personal favourite but I'm sure there is one or two people who would agree ; ).

Sean's Movie Rating 10/10

3. Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Tom Hanks again. A depiction of WW2 and storming the beach of Normandy done to absolute perfection. The greatest opening scene to a movie you will ever see and the best acting performances witnessed by audiences. For many years this has been my favourite movie of all time and has now slipped to number three sheerly because I have seen it countless times. War movies do not get better than this!


Sean's Movie Rating 10/10

4. The Green Mile (1999)
Tom Hanks could quite possibly be the greatest actor of all time and he really shows it in this incredible film. The audience witness death row at first hand and the types of people kept in this facility during dramatic circumstances. A wrongly accused man possesses a special gift and passes that gift on around him. Girls, I challenge you not to cry.

Sean's Movie Rating 10/10

5. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
An unbelievable timeless classic and IMDB's top rated movie. For me, it's my number five. Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman team up in this dramatic story that unfolds into a conspiracy of truth and innocence. People can watch this in 500 years time and it will still be brilliant. The writing, producing, directing and acting have created one of the best movies ever created.



Sean's Movie Rating 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment